Publications on Constitutive Relations
- R. C. Batra, Universal Relations for Transversely Isotropic Elastaic Materials, Mathematics & Mechanics of Solids, 7, 421-437, 2002.
- R. C. Batra, Instabilities in Biaxially Loaded Rectangular Membrane and Spherical Balloons made of Compressible Hyperelastic Materials, Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids, 10, 471-485, 2005.
- R. C. Batra, Comparison of Results from Four Linear Constitutive Relations in Isotropic Finite Elasticity, Int. J. Nonlinear Mechanics, 36, 29-40, 2001.
- S. Krishnaswamy and R. C. Batra, A Thermomechanical Theory of Solid-Fluid Mixtures, Math. & Mechs. of Solids, 2, 143-151, 1997.
- Yu-Ning Huang and R. C. Batra, A Theory of Thermoviscoelastic Dielectrics, J. Thermal Stresses, 19, 419-430, 1996.
Romesh C. Batra, PhD
University Distinguished Professor, Clifton C. Garvin Professor
Fellow - ASME, ASEE, AAM, SES, USACM
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Mechanics (0219)
Norris Hall, Room 333-E, Virginia Tech
495 Old Turner Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061