Publications on Dynamic Fracture Mechanics
- R. C. Batra and M. H. Lear, Simulation of Brittle and Ductile Fracture in an Impact Loaded Prenotched Plate, Int. J. of Fracture, 126, 179-203, 2004.
- R. C. Batra and B. M. Love, Crack Propagation due to Brittle and Ductile Failures in Microporous Thermoelastoviscoplastic Functionally Graded Materials, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 72, 1954-1979, 2005.
- R. C. Batra and Zhicun Wang, Failure Mode Transition Speed in Three-Dimensional Transient Deformations of a Microporous Heat-ConductingThermoelastoviscoplastic Prenotched Plate, J. Thermal Stresses, 28, 533-562, 2005.
- R. C. Batra and M. V. S. Ravisankar, Three-dimensional Numerical Simulation of the Kalthoff Experiment, Int. J. Fracture 105, 161-186, 2000.
- R. C. Batra and R. R. Gummalla, Effect of Material and Geometric Parameters on Deformations Near the Notch-tip of a Dynamically Loaded Prenotched Plate, Int. J. Fracture, 101, 99-190, 2000.
Romesh C. Batra, PhD
University Distinguished Professor, Clifton C. Garvin Professor
Fellow - ASME, ASEE, AAM, SES, USACM
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Mechanics (0219)
Norris Hall, Room 333-E, Virginia Tech
495 Old Turner Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061