Publications on Penetration and Impact Problems
- J. B. Stevens and R. C. Batra, Adiabatic Shear Bands in the Taylor Impact Test for a WHA Rod, Int. J. Plasticity, 14, 841-854, 1998.
- R. C. Batra and J. B. Stevens, Adiabatic Shear Bands in Axisymmetric Impact and Penetration Problems, Computer Methods in Appl. Mechs. and Eng'g., 151, 325-342, 1998
- N. V. Nechitailo and R. C. Batra, Penetration/Perforation of Aluminum, Steel and Tungsten Plates by Ceramic Rods, Computers & Structures, 66, 571-583, 1998.
- R. C. Batra and Z. Peng, Development of Shear Bands during the Perforation of a Steel Plate, Computational Mechs., 17, 326-334, 1996.
- Xingju Chen and R. C. Batra, Deep Penetration of Thick Thermoviscoplastic Targets by Long Rigid Rods, Computers & Structures, 54, 655-670, 1995.
Romesh C. Batra, PhD
Clifton C. Garvin Professor
Fellow - ASME, ASEE, AAM, SES, USACM
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Mechanics (0219)
Norris Hall, Room 333-E, Virginia Tech
495 Old Turner Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061